Tuesday, November 14, 2006

From a Wise Woman

No, I haven't met her personally, but I did listen to her speak at seminary once and I have enjoyed her books. I'd like to share a bit from Nancy Leigh DeMoss to sum up the months behind and move on to a new topic. This comes from her book, Lies Women Believe and the Truth that Sets Them Free, mentioned in my links to the right.

Here's some wisdom from Nancy Leigh DeMoss concerning singleness:

*The Truth is that happiness is not found in (or out of) marriage; it is not found in any human relationship. True joy can only be found through Christ.

*The Truth is that God has promised to give us everything we need, and if He knows a husband would make it possible for us to bring greater glory to Him, then He will provide a husband.

*The Truth is that contentment is not found in having everything we think we want but in choosing to be satisfied with what God has already provided.

The Truth is that those who insist on having their way often end up in unnecessary heartache, while those who wait on the Lord always get His best.

I hope this has been of encouragement for you as you wait on the Lord to give you His best!

If you have suggestions for other topics you'd like to share or that you'd like to receive another point of view about, leave a comment so we can get it going!

3 Comments:

Blogger Erica P. said...

I really enjoyed reading your blog on the lies about being single/marriage. I'm 23 and still in college. The marriage picture has begun to come into mind. Am I ready for it? Am I not? How do I know when I'm ready? After reading your blog, I've come to understand that I'm more or less saying "Do I trust God to provide a husband, if that is in His plan for my life? Or will I go forth with MY plans for my life, and make certain that a husband is in my future?" Thanks for your great insight on this topic!

5:20 PM  
Blogger greta lynn hernandez said...

I'm glad it has helped you, Erica. God really does have His best for you! Enjoy the glorious freedom in Him that you have as His precous daughter!

THanks for commenting. It helps me to know that someone really is reading the blurbs I post here. :)

5:48 AM  
Blogger Erin said...

HEY! I read it too!
Just can't always come up with an appropriate comment to donate to the discussion. Um... kinda like now.

Greta, did you go on that CCC retreat when Nancy Leigh DeMoss spoke? I can't remember exactly which one, maybe a fall retreat. She was GREAT.

10:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home